Whether you’re gearing up for a complete home remodel or just looking to refresh a few spaces, there’s no denying the transformative power of thoughtful upgrades. Many homeowners want to update their homes but aren’t quite sure where to start. That’s where we come in! With years of custom home building under our belts, we’ve found five of the most impactful upgrades for your home remodel that can breathe new life into your space. From paint to cabinetry and everything in between, we’ve got you covered. Let’s get started!
1. Paint: A Splash of Personality
Painting is one of the quickest and most cost-effective ways to give your home a fresh look. Within just a few days, you can breathe new life into a room. Whether you opt for a fresh white coat of paint to create a clean and timeless canvas, a bold and rich color to make a statement or a soft neutral to set a calming mood, the possibilities are endless. Here are some of our recent favorites:
- Benjamin Moore White Dove OC-17: A classic, crisp white that works wonders in creating a clean and timeless feel.
- Sherwin Williams Snowbound SW 7004: A warm white that can add a cozy touch to any space.
- Sherwin Williams SW 730 Anew Grey: A versatile, soft gray that complements various design styles.
- Sherwin Williams SW 9130 Evergreen Fog: A serene green-gray that brings a touch of nature indoors.
- Benjamin Moore BM 462 Vintage Vogue: A deep, rich hue that can make a bold statement when used strategically.
- Benjamin Moore BM 984 Stone Hearth: A warm, earthy tone perfect for creating a welcoming atmosphere.
- Sherwin Williams SW 7042 Shoji White: A soft, creamy white that exudes elegance and sophistication.
- Sherwin Williams SW 9579 Timeless Taupe: A timeless neutral that pairs well with a wide range of colors.
- Sherwin Williams SW Balanced Beige 7037: A balanced, warm beige that adds depth and character.
- Sherwin Williams SW 7043 Worldly Gray: A versatile gray that works beautifully as a neutral backdrop.
- Benjamin Moore BM OC-141 China White: A fresh, crisp white that brightens up any space.
- Benjamin Moore BM OC-14 Natural Cream: A soft, creamy color that brings warmth and comfort.
Choosing the right paint color can transform your home, so take your time to select one that resonates with your style and vision.
Check out this remodel where paint (among a couple of other things!) made a HUGE difference in how bright and open this room feels.
2. Flooring: Update Your Space in Your Home Remodel
The flooring you choose plays a significant role in the overall feel of your home. While we really love the look and feel of real wood, one of our favorite design choices to keep costs down is to include wood-alternative flooring! These flooring choices provide a similar appeal as hardwood floors or engineered wood but come in at a fraction of the cost, making them both beautiful and budget-friendly. Here are a few options we’ve been loving lately:
- LVP: CoreTec Springfield Oak: This vinyl plank flooring offers the timeless beauty of oak wood with the durability and ease of maintenance of classic vinyl.
- Shaw Floor Chatter Oak: Shaw’s vinyl flooring, like the Chatter Oak, combines the look of hardwood with waterproof performance, making it an excellent choice for areas prone to moisture.
- Stoneform Hewn in Weathered: If you’re looking for a rustic and natural feel, Stoneform’s weathered wood-look flooring is a fantastic option.
By upgrading your flooring you elevate your home from both a visual and practical standpoint, making it a no-brainer when it comes to a remodel!
3. Tile: Infuse Personality and Character
Tile is a fantastic way to infuse personality into your spaces. Whether you’re aiming for vibrant and eye-catching or serene, spa-like neutral colors, tile can do it all. Different tile patterns allow you to add character without necessarily opting for bold tiles, giving you both the ability to personalize your space and still create a broad appeal with resale value. The durability and ease of maintenance also make it a great return on investment!
4. Cabinetry: Elevate Your Storage
Cabinetry isn’t just storage; it’s a chance to enhance your space’s look and feel with just a minor kitchen remodel. Updating high-use areas like the kitchen can refresh your living spaces in one simple step. Choose from options like full overlay for a modern appearance, partial overlay for a classic look, inset doors for craftsmanship, or Euro-style for minimalism. Each choice adds a personal touch to your home’s design.
5. Minor Upgrades: Lighting and Hardware
Don’t overlook the simple upgrades in your remodeling project. Light fixtures and hardware can make a world of difference. Swap out outdated fixtures and cabinet hardware with modern, stylish options that complement your design theme. Inexpensive upgrades like these are small yet impactful changes that can instantly update the look and feel of your home.
Get Started on Your Home Remodel Today
When it comes time to update your home, starting with these five options can make a huge difference! Whether you’re aiming for a complete makeover or just sprucing up a room with a quick refresh, these upgrades will breathe new life into your space and make it feel like a whole new home.
Remember, every choice you make should reflect your personal style and enhance your daily life experience. So, roll up your sleeves, get inspired, and start upgrading your home today! Contact the team at Meg & Co. to find out how we can help, every step of the way! Happy remodeling!